About Steel Empire
Steel Empire is a steam punk shoot'em up game featuring a frantic combat filled with powerful enemies and insane obstacles. Enjoy a beautiful world and retro game-play as you dodge and shoot your way through classical stages. Choose one of 4 difficulty settings according to your set of skills and fight the evil empire! See how well you did using the Replay Mode and show your worth by getting all achievements.
Originally released on the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive consoles in 1992, it was later ported to the Nintendo Game Boy Advance in 2004 and to the Nintendo 3DS in 2014, and now is coming to PC!
Choose to fly one of two classes of fighter aircraft: the Etopirica (ET-02R), a small and a fast plane, or the Zappellon, a slower but more resistant zeppelin. You fly in only one direction, but you can fire from behind as well as ahead. Levels are divided into a few stages to complete, each with their own boss before moving onto the next level. After a level is complete, you can change your craft, watch a replay, continue the game in your current craft, or save your progress.
During the game there is a certain number of lives and continues at your disposal. Once the health bar is depleted, a life is lost with a play continuing normally. If all lives are used, you can hit a continue, which will restart at either the beginning or midpoint of a stage depending on how far you were. When all continues are expended, the game is over.
To increase your firepower, collect powerups such as experience points, health, bombs or additional lives.
- Complete remake truthful to the original game, based on 3DS version with improved graphics and controls
- Side-scrolling shoot'em up game, originally released on Sega Genesis and later on Game Boy Advance and Nintendo 3DS
- 7 complex stages full of adrenaline-pumping action and boss fights
- Collect special power-ups and increase your firepower with a level-up system (up to 20 levels)
- Steam Achievements & Trading Cards
- Full controller support
- The classic is back!