(Old English: blessed, fortunate, prosperous, happy)880 A.D.England.
At its core SÆLIG is a trading and management game centred around the accumulation of wealth, and the prosperity of your household. You will be in charge of managing the life and affairs of a young Anglo-Saxon in the kingdom of Wessex, a kingdom at constant war with Vikings. It is in this world that you must find a way to thrive, and make a name for your family.
SÆLIG also incorporates many role-playing and simulation features, including: relationships, buffs, skills, health, missions, needs, character based interactions, and direct character control.There are numerous ways you can live your life, each one brings both risk and reward
Some other key features
- Find love, and start a family.
- Start a business, hire workers, and produce the goods that people need, as well as luxury items.
- Make your fortune by trading between towns.
- Head a gang of thieves and take what you want.
- Sabotage your competition and monopolize goods.
- Carry out missions to deliver goods around the map.
- Buy houses and rent them out to the poor.
- Live in the wilderness as a hermit or an outlaw.
- A living, breathing world, where each character is trying to survive and prosper.
- Each character has their own life from start to finish and has the potential to shape the world around them, just like you.
- Live through several generations – when you die, you can continue as one of your children.
- Dynamic seasons and weather that affects the world around you.
- Lots of different types of buildings to purchase and upgrade.
- Fires and diseases have the potential to not only decimate your home, but also towns and villages all over the map.
- Living economy - nothing simply exists, everything is made and consumed by the population.
- A knowledge system where most actions can be improved on by doing them.
SÆLIG is not
feature complete and at this point there is currently no construction or land ownership, instead you can only buy buildings. These features will be added once I have fleshed out other base mechanics.