About EscapeVR: The BasementEscapeVR: The Basement
is an 'Escape The Room' genre game which was inspired by real-life escape games and designed from the ground up as a room-scale virtual reality experience for the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift+Touch (360° setup), and Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) headsets.
Your MissionYou find yourself locked in the cell of an unknown basement
with nothing else than a bed, a toilet, and some dishes. Can you escape? Explore the environment, solve puzzles, discover useful items, investigate clues, and find your way through a total of seven rooms in three areas to -hopefully- escape the basement of this VR escape room game!
A Gamer's Review
"… I loved this game. So far this is my favorite VR escape the room game. Easily forgot I was in my living room and found myself avoiding tables and items in the game as if they were real. It's short but sweet. For that reason do not look up any walkthroughs! Save the satisfaction for yourself!! …
- Solve over a dozen puzzles, which includes smaller ones like finding keys or codes up to large ones which involve complex interactions with daunting machinery. Look, feel, and ambiance are based on corresponding real-life environments.
- Explore three distinct areas with seven rooms, a total of 130 square meters, and more than 200 items to interact with. The game is designed for room scale and features a teleporting system similar to “The Lab”.
- In case you get stuck, a built-in hint system provides you with clues. You’ll also get in-game statistics about your performance, and there are Steam achievements to unlock!
Will you take on the challenge? Will you manage to escape the basement?
- You can play standing (teleport only) or room-scale (move and teleport).
- You need to be able to reach up to 1.9m.
- You need to be able to duck (headset below 1m).
Also available for VR Arcades via SpringboardVR