About Dwarven Brawl Bros
Dwarven Brawl Bros is a local 2 to 6 player
2D fighting (brawling) party game with a retroish feel.Play as a dwarf and kill your bros!
DBB offers fast-paced brawling in all-vs-all, all-vs-one, and team settings with 31 weapons, 38 stages, and 26 game modes!
Weapons!The gameplay is weapon based
. Each weapon has its own pros and cons as well as three different, separate basic attacks - and a special attack
to finish off your target (or weaken someone else) once you have successfully hit enough with basic attacks. Smack them from behind and push them into lava or spikes for extra damage: let the beards hit the lava in a slow-mo gorey flight!
Just brawl - it's a party!
Dwarven Brawl Bros is a brawler that doesn't limit your gameplay to class spesific skills or weapons
. All the characters can use all the weapons and you can change your style and arsenal mid-fight: each dwarf can carry up to three weapons, replacable on-the-fly. The brawling is made non-restricting and insanely fun
Spice it up!
If you enjoy specific gameplay, like playing as a zombie or a fake-elf versus dwarves, there are game modes for that too. Matches can also be customized with different gameplay settings, such as setting hit points and special attack unlock damage.
On top of that, stages are destructible
, making individual bricks break and platform structures collapse by the weapon hits, projectiles, and explosions.
Couch-friendly party gameJust sit back, grab gamepads and beverages: this is a perfect party game to play with your friends (or foes).
Team up and go co-op, or fight alone against others!
Dwarven Brawl Brosis fully controller supported, meaning that it can be played through the menus and the gameplay with a controller. No mouse or keyboard required!
What DBB has:
- 31 weapons: melee, ranged and explosives, each with three+one different attacks, with unique damages, knockbacks, and others attributes
- 38 stages with 3 size variants each, with different destructible structures and damaging elements such as spikes and lavafalls, and physical clutter objects
- Local 2-6 player brawling, with full controller support, but is also playable with keyboard
- Playable in all-vs-all, one-vs-many, 2-vs-2, and 3-vs-3 settings
- 26 game modes for different parties: All-vs-all, respawn deathmatch, team-vs-team (with or without respawn), Overthrow ("kill the king"), Dorf Ball ("dwarven football"), Zombie survivor, firearms/melee/explosives only, Happy Hour ("just specials"), Identity Crisis ("kill the elf"), and more
- Customizable matches beyond modes: set the amount of hit points and spawned weapons, sessions lengths, and so on
- Pre-made collections with rotating game modes for different play sessions
- Retro, cute & brutal pixelated art-style
- Semi-cartoonish gore, that can be turned off if the blood and the flying pieces of meats are too much
- Chiptune-ish sfx and music that you miss once you turn it off
- Announcer in both floating text and Pixel Display ("scoreboard") announcing kills and other events - it's a dwarven party!
- English and Finnish translations
Can my computer run it?
Dwarven Brawl Bros requires just a modernish CPU (~any CPU made within the last five years) to run smoothly and any graphic card capable of running shader model 3.0 (~any card made after 2010) to display all the visuals.
There are options to turn down effects, like the physical clutter, so pretty much every modernish configuration can run DBB smoothly.
If you got any questions, the FAQ blog post
might answer them. If you can't find an answer there, ask away!