About This Content
Put on Pierre Clostermann’s Irvin jacket, climb into his Spitfire Mk.IX and experience the massive air battles in the skies of Western Europe described in his similarly titled book. This campaign follows Clostermann’s career from April 1943 to July 1944 through 12 missions that recreate his memoirs down to the smallest details such as time, weather, squadrons and even radio transmissions. Find out what it feels like to fly with the Biggin Hill Wing in a huge formation of Spitfires, to follow Commandant Mouchotte into gigantic melees against 30+ Focke-Wulfs, to take part in Rodeos, Circuses, and attacks on V-1 launch sites, or to support the ground troops after the D-day landings. All clear? Switches on!
This campaign requires the following DLC:
DCS: Spitfire LF Mk.IX
DCS: Normandy 1944 Map
DCS: World War II Assets Pack
- 12 historical missions following Pierre Clostermann during his time with 341 and 602 Squadron.
- Detailed briefings, maps and briefing images, including separate PDF mission files with historical backgrounds
- Unique kneeboard graphics and checklists for each mission
- Historically accurate custom skins
- Hundreds of specially recorded voice-over messages
- A wide array of missions including fighter sweep, bomber escort, armed reconnaissance and ground attack