About This Content
Created by the same team behind the Spitfire LF Mk.IX: Epsom Campaign, the Charnwood Campaign is a historically-based campaign for the P-51D Mustang over Normandy in July 1944. The Charnwood campaign reproduces P-51D missions flown in support of the allied breakout of Normandy and the eventual capture of Caen. Given the Mustang’s combination of air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities (bombs and rockets), this campaign offers a wealth of mission types and challenges. Each mission is based on a real missions, down to the weather, mission times, squadrons, mission tasks, and allied and axis locations.
- 12 historic missions taken from detailed accounts of Operation Charnwood
- Detailed briefing and briefing images, including separate PDF mission files
- Unique kneeboard graphics for each mission
- Hundreds of specially recorded voice-over messages to recreate the actual callsigns and accents
- A wide array of missions included armed reconnaissance, rail interdiction, and ground attack
- Takes advantage of new AI features like Flak avoidance, authentic formations, and improve artificial intelligence for air and ground units
This campaign requires:
- DCS: P-51D Mustang
- DCS: Normandy 1944 Map
- DCS: World War II Assets Pack
This product requires the Beta version of DCS World. In order to install DCS World 2.1.1 Beta, please select to install the openalpha version from your Steam Library / Properties / BETAS window. From the “select the beta you would like to opt into:” drop down, please select the openalpha – Public alpha versions (2.x).