About American Angst (Steam Deluxe Edition)
You wake up in pitch black darkness. You know not where you are. You know not who you are. And they’re trying to kill you...Imagine a horror novel where you get to make the choices and decide how the story plays out: Welcome to American Angst, a text-based multiple-choice survival horror interactive fiction, combining RPG elements and turn-based combat with dark humor and satire.
A choice-based game slash novel, you try to escape from an underground prison complex – all the while suffering from amnesia, fighting off guards seeking your death, and slowly unravelling the mystery that brought you to this place, as you traverse the thin line between survival and revenge…
What American Angst IS NOT:
- made with Unity
- made with Unreal
- an online multiplayer first-person shooter with amazing graphics and audio
- full of micro-transactions
What American Angst IS:
- a playable horror novel (you'll have to read)
- driven by your imagination
- full of dark humor and satire
- in a fully fleshed-out dystopian world in the not so far future (you will watch TV and read a newspaper)
Created with Twine by M3G1DD0 aka Misha Verollet (@m3g1dd0 on Twitter), American Angst
is an interactive fiction in the vein of Choose your own Adventure
and Fighting Fantasy
games.The Steam Deluxe Edition comes with bonus content not available in the vanilla edition: An exclusive short story epilogue and two mini games set in the American Angst universe!
- Five distinct endings plus variations: Even minor decisions impact the narrative
- Replay value: The full story unfolds through the different endings
- Monitor your stats: Health, panic status, inventory, weapons, ...
- Turn-based Combat System
- Autosave and Checkpoints
- Text-based, no graphics or sound effects: Your imagination is your best friend and worst enemy
- Warning: Graphic Violence, Explicit Language, Dark Humor, Gore
- 70k words
- Approx. 45 - 60 minutes of estimated play time (depending on your pace and choices you make)
Steam Deluxe Edition
This edition comes with bonus content exclusive to Steam:
The Main Game in the Vanilla Edition is identical to the Steam Deluxe Edition. "Murderbook" is a short story epilogue that expands on what happens in the game. The Mini Games take place in the American Angst universe and won't be released separately: Arkwright House is a short haunted house game, Kasey's War is a short and snappy text-based shooter.Why should I buy your game here when I can get a cheaper version somewhere else?
Valid question. Here are two and a half arguments for spending $2.99 on American Angst:
1) You would like to access the bonus content that comes with the Steam Deluxe Edition
2) You would like to support me, the author of this game. I hope $2.99 isn't too much of a risk to take – you'd be buying me a cup of coffee or a snack for our dog.
2.5) American Angst will be released on Steam first
, ahead of other market places. You'll be an early adopter and will be able to tell your friends you already played American Angst when it wasn't cool yet. How about that for an incentive, right?