About AdvertCityBroke? Looking to work from THE SKY? Join us in AdvertCity! A huge, procedurally generated place, just waiting to be sold all kinds of junk by YOU!
AdvertCity is a cyberpunk advertising tycoon game. Explore a massive procedural city, and plaster your adverts all over it. Float around cyberspace and post links online. Watch the economy of the city evolve with the effects of your decisions.
- Massive procedurally generated cities in a procedural landscape.
- Switch between meatspace and cyberspace at will to get a different perspective.
- Manage an advertising empire, posting ads online and using physical advertising. Choose your clients and adverts wisely, as you have a reputation to uphold.
- Influence the economy and growth of the city with your advertising choices.
- Buy buildings and upgrade your headquarters to expand your influence.
- Hire employees and unlock new advertising technologies.
- Take over megacorporations and make the city yours!
- Simultaneous synchronised soundtracks, an hour-long original music score featuring postrock, jazz and glitch elements.
- Roguelike single-save system.
- Beautiful graphics but runs great on older computers - it will even run on that old notebook where nothing else will!
- Download for Windows, Linux or OS X.
- Completely custom graphics engine written from scratch for the Cyberpunk Jam.
- HDR sound, with multi-track synchronous "deck" crossfade capability, and full support for EBU R128 2011.
- Built with VR support in mind from the start, early prototypes tested on the Oculus Rift.
- Older machine compatibility - no special shader requirements, runs on Windows XP (or Linux or OS X), no library requirements or .net.
The original build was created in just seven days for the Cyberpunk Jam. After our Alpha build, we launched a successful kickstarter to take the game into Beta and beyond. A year later, the game is finally complete and ready to play!
Development screenshots: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.608993889189575.1073741830.361227683966198&type=1